IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

With Microsoft Publisher 2013, how do I change the ruler units

Customer Question

With Microsoft Publisher 2013, how do I change the ruler units of measurement between centimeters and inches?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Which measurement system is currently displayed in Microsoft Publisher 2013? Also, is the same measurement system used for other Microsoft programs, such as Word?

Let me know,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Some templates are in inches but when creating a document from scratch the ruler is set to centemetres - which is why I need to be able to switch between the two and therefore need to be able to alter the ruler - which is what I'm unable to do.

The way to access and alter the measurement system in Publisher is completely different from Word and different from earlier versions of Microsoft Publisher.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
I have checked, and it looks like there is no way to change the measurement system directly in Microsoft Publisher 2013, but only within Windows, which will then apply for all programs, including Microsoft Publisher 2013.

So, to select a desired measurement system, do the following:

1. Exit Microsoft Publisher 2013

2. Access the Windows Control Panel

3. There click on the Clock, Language, and Region category

4. Click on Region and Language (or just Region)

5. When a new window opens, click on the Additional Settings... button located in the Formats tab

6. For the Measurement system, select either Metric (centimeters) or U.S. (inches)

7. Click OK > OK to save changes

8. Start Microsoft Publisher 2013 and newly selected measurement system will now be activated. If not, restart the computer

Microsoft may enable switching between inches and centimeters directly in Microsoft Publisher 2013 in the future Microsoft Publisher 2013 updates, but for now, you will need to use the mentioned instructions.

Regards,
IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

Several days have passed since I provided an answer here, and you haven't replied, so I would like to know if my answer helped or you still require assistance?

If you do, don't hesitate to reply any time.

If my answer was helpful, please use the rating box with smiley buttons to rate the service I provided. Rating won't cost you anything extra, and it is a way to thank me for helping you.

Thanks!
IT Miro