Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have just bought an Asus ET 2221AUKR ALL-in-one PC. Having

I have just bought an Asus ET 2221AUKR ALL-in-one PC. Having set it up I noticed that there are 4 red and blue (alternate) lines running from top to bottom of the screen on the left hand side approx 65Cms from the edge. Is this normal? Perhaps it indicates something is not quite right.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If those red and blue lines are only on a portion of the screen,
and if they *also* show up in *all* screens of the computer, from the very first bootup screen (or at least, on the Safe Mode screen, if they require some white to show up at all),
then the computer is defective to that minor extent from manufacturer or supplier/vendor/store, and is thus subject to return for exchange, and/or warranty-covered repair.

It may seem a minor defect - and it might be that it is indeed minor - but it could indicate a defect that soon will get worse. Basically, this screen should be perfect.

It might be best to return it for exchange (hopefully free of charge), and if it is too late for that to be done, then keep it for a bit and see if it gets worse, then put it in for warranty repair esp. if it gets worse, but before the warranty coverage (usually 1 year from purchase date) runs out.