Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

cannot connect to the internet

Customer Question

cannot connect to the internet
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
My name is Randy.
I will assist you.
You will need to know the wireless network name and password.
If you have a Windows computer that is currently connected to the Internet through the wireless router
the password is on that computer.
Please follow these steps:
  • Click the wireless strength indicator on the Windows taskbar (bottom right corner).
  • Right-click your wireless network name, and then select Properties.
  • Click on the security heading, Select Show characters to display the wireless network password.
If you are not able to find or view the password please let me know the brand and model of your router/modem,
.
.
If you have the wireless password then follow these steps to connect
>>on your Kindle>>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.
  • To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password using the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACHTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password let me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.