Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Oh dear. In error I entered a link on Twitter (subsequently

Oh dear. In error I entered a link on Twitter (subsequently deleted) which gave over 1,000 followers access to all my windows Live hotmail account - everything! I am horrified. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question!

If you deleted the tweet, it should be gone for good. However, let's make sure that your account is still secure, and has not been compromised in any way.

Could you let me know if you provided any personal info, e.g. your account's password, in the tweet? Or was it a password ***** link, or something else?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anyone who sees what was in the tweet will find themselves 'logged into' my a/c. They can read all emails, access my address list and g*d knows what else. For some reason, instead of the link I meant to post this another one came up:

https://dub119.mail.live.com/default.aspx?id=64855&rru=inbox#page=Compose

I am scared of even sending it to you! PLEASE use only for info and not for any other purpose. I have to trust you.

Shirley

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Oh, I see! Please rest assured - your account is completely safe and secure, and let me explain why.

Now, you are currently signed in to your Hotmail account, and so, if YOU open up this link, it will show up your account itself. If someone else opens up this link, either of the following two things will happen:

1. If the other party is currently signed in to their own Hotmail account, it will show up their account itself.

2. If the other party is not signed in to their own account, or if they don't have a Hotmail account, it will simply take them to the Hotmail login page itself.

As an example, when I opened up this link, it brought up my own Hotmail account itself, where I could see my emails and contacts.Your account will only be shown when YOU click on the link, since you are logged in to your own account itself. So, you are absolutely nothing to worry about. :)

Does this make things a bit clear? If you have any questions, just reply back to me below. Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment and rate my service accordingly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your answer sounds reassuring & I am hugely relieved. I will certainly rate your service accordingly. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome. :) Thank you, ***** ***** an awesome day ahead!

Regar

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hope it is "awesome". It didn't start too well! Thanks.