Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

hi is there a way of finding out if my emails are being accessed

hi is there a way of finding out if my emails are being accessed by a ipad/iphone outwith
our business premises, or country?
Thanks Jane
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Michelle :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

Any one having your user name and password ***** your email account can access your email account worldwide.

Michelle :

What is the last part of your email

Michelle :

example @gmail.com or @btinternet.com

Michelle :

If you suspect someone is logging into your accounts, you should change your passwords on these accounts as soon as possible.

But before you change your password, go into the accounts and make sure that email is not being forwarded onto any other email addresses that are not your own. It is common for a compromised account to have had the settings changed so that any emails are forwarded onto a third party.

For example, on Google Mail go to "Mail Settings", then "Forwarding and POP/IMAP", If you always log into Google to get your mail, then all the settings on this page would normally be disabled. Disable the relevant options and try sending your emails again.

Customer:

Hi Michelle, the person accessing the emails has permission to look at them, but he is saying he has not!!

Customer:

can we tell which device is opening them for proof?

Michelle :

What is the last part of your email address

Michelle :

example @gmail.com or @btinternet.com

Customer:

btinternet.com

Michelle :

ok give me a minute

Michelle :

Please enter your BT email address ending with @btinternet.com

Customer:

*****@******.***

Michelle :

There are ways to check for last login ip address and location where your email was logged in last time which is possible in hotmail, yahoo, gmail and other free web based email however there are no provision to check btinternet email for last login.

Michelle :

you can try calling up BT email support they will tell you the same there is no ways you can check last login location.

Michelle :

Still for your satisfaction you can call 800- 800- 151 BT phone and email support number.

Michelle :

Let me know if you have any more question.

Customer:

hi michelle

Michelle :

did you read my answer.

Customer:

we have spoken to the guy and he says it must be a problem with our emails, and he is not

Customer:

looking at them, is this a possibility, or just bluster at been caught out, the emails are being looked at

Customer:

them some get marked un read but some are not, hes not too good with technology!!

Michelle :

if your email is being opened from a different location without your knowledge then you can check the outbox of your sent mail when you are logged in however if any one has sent any email you will come to know and if there has been a single unsuccessful login from a different location then you will get an email saying to change your password ***** you login successfully to your email.

Customer:

thanks!