Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

please could you advise me on how I can access my hotmail.co.uk

please could you advise me on how I can access my hotmail.co.uk messages. all I get is outlook.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Quite some time ago microsoft did away with hotmail and renamed it outlook.com

Not to worry though because you can still use your old hotmail address and should have your messages as well.

All you need to do is go to hotmail.co.uk

It will show you outlook but dont worry. Just sign in with your hotmail.co.uk email address and password.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still can't access my hotmail

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Can you be any more specific?

What exactly happens when you try and sign in? Is it saying your password ***** *****?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It wants to send me a code and I have no where for it to be sent

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Can you please tell me the address you need to have access to? When you type the email address that you need to have access to and this time do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com

Also let me know the last password ***** worked.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

carol0206AThotmail.co.uk password *****

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok from time to time hotmail will make you verify your identity by sending a code. It is extremely important that you keep your contact information up to date.

I see you have two contact email addresses on file they are***@******.*** and***@******.***

Do you have access to either of these?

If not do you have an email account that you can access?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have never used caroline @hotmail.com and *****@******.*** is my sons and I can't get hold of him to see if he can access it

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok do you have another email address that you can access?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No this is the problem

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok you will need to create one for the purpose of getting back into this one.

Go create yourself a Gmail email address and we can use that to get the code.

Just click here to create the address and once you have done that let me know your new gmail address.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Can you please retype the email address that you need to have access to and this time do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

carol0206AThotmail.co.uk

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Did you create the new gmail account like I asked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok that is the address I need you to tell me so I can have a code sent to it. Remember to Type it like this someoneATsomething.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

c1a9r5o7lATgmail.com

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok go to the gmail account and let me know if you received the email from hotmail.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Did you receive the email and were you able to follow the instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I didn't

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure you gave me the correct gmail address?

Would this be easier for you if I connected to your computer and went through the steps with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok can you do that?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I sure can.

Please click HERE and then click Join Session to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes.

Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.