Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

is google chrome compatible with windows 8.1?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 3 years ago.
Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Kamil and i will do my best to assist you

Kamil Anwar :

Yes, it is compatible with Windows 8.1

Kamil Anwar :

Did you completely remove it before installing it?

Customer:

My question was phrased in a very basic way, when what I really need is how to get chrome back, or what is this unknown error that I need to resolve, so I wondered whether it is compatible as I have recently upgraded from windows 8 to 8.1 and if it is compatible, what can I try to get chrome installed

Kamil Anwar :

You need to ensure that there are no registry entries for the Chrome in the Registry, which could be preventing the install.

Kamil Anwar :

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer to troubleshoot and fix it?

Kamil Anwar :

There is no straight forward answer to this other then fully uninstalling Chrome and re-installing because there isn't much info available on this. Chances are that the left over registry and traces to the previous install is preventing the reinstall.

Kamil Anwar :

I would be able to fix it if you allow me to by remotely checking it.

Customer:

Now you have lost me - I'll make a note of that as I'm not that technical unfortunately. I wouldn't know where to look

Kamil Anwar :

Are you currently on this computer that has this problem?

Customer:

I'll have to look that up. Can it be something else?

Kamil Anwar :

Don't think it would be anything else other then this, after the update to 8.1 i see it may have corrupted the registries.

Kamil Anwar :

If you are on the computer with this problem, then i can connect to it and check it for you

Customer:

I don't know if you are waiting for me to reply, as when I do the words I type disappear when I press Reply

Kamil Anwar :

waiting for you to tell me if you would like me to connect to your computer and fix the issue

Customer:

Yes, I'm on the laptop now which can't install chrome

Kamil Anwar :

Okay. Please click the link below and run the downloaded program:

Kamil Anwar :

Click on the downloaded file, then click Run. If asked by system to allow the file, select Yes/Allow/OK

Kamil Anwar :

Click OK

Kamil Anwar :

.