John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have recently purchased a PHOTOSMART 5520 E aLL-IN-ONE SERIES

I have recently purchased a PHOTOSMART 5520 E aLL-IN-ONE SERIES PRINTER unfortunately I cannot download and install the software from the disc provided with the printer to enable the computer to speak to the printer. Getting very frustrated now as I have been trying to do this since I bought the printer almost two weeks ago. Can you please assist me. Many thanks. ***** *****.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Sir/Ma'am is this a 32 bit windows 7 or 64 bit windows 7?
Are you trying to connect it to the computer using the usb cable ?
Do you get any error message when you try to install the program from the disc?

John :

Sir/Ma'am thank you for joining the chat.could you please answer the above questions so that i can help you better.

Customer:

I am using Windows 7 I have no idea whether it is a 32 or 74 bit! The printer is wireless. When I try to install from the disc it begins to load the software then all of a sudden the screen goes blank and nothing else happens. I really am now beginning to get extremely frustrated with this and I would appreciate your assistance. Thanks

John :

You are welcome and i will try my best to help you fix the issue.

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer:

Yes, with pleasure

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the remote access.

John :

Here is the tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu download and open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password.

Customer:

My computer is telling me it has blocked the site. What do I do now?

John :

Does it shows an option to continue or yes to unblock if so click on it,its totally safe and secured

Customer:

It let me do it this time, but there was no ID or password ***** I am making a complete hash of this aren't I!!!!!!

Customer:

I am not computer friendly!

John :

Its ok, this happens sometimes can you close it and retry again

John :

This is how the team-viewer window looks like

Full Size Image

Customer:

It is asking me to run - I suppose I click on run?

John :

yes please

Customer:

ID 968316 : PASSWORD 7986

John :

That id seems to be in-complete can you please re-check it

John :

it usually have 9 digits like 123 456 789

John :

Also do not close the team-viewer windows after you give me the id

Customer:

598 968 316

John :

Thank you one moment.

John :

The problem had been solved. Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer:

Well, words fail me. I am computer illiterate and although you spend hours trying to deal with myt problem, you were courteous and pleasant to me at all times. I really apprecaite what you did for me despite everthing. Should I ever need assistance like that again with this hard ware I will not hesitate to contact you. Hope you have a good day, what's left of it. Many, Many,Many thanks. ***** *****

John :

Really Glad to hear that and i really appreciate that ma'am.Thank you for your cooperation and patience too.
You can now Rate me using the smiley faces just below this chat box and submit it.