JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

I am unable to get into storefront, even though I am on top

Customer Question

I am unable to get into storefront, even though I am on top of the router. I am told "Kindle store page not available". Been like this for days.
Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
James.I :

Good morning, can you advise what version of Kindle you have, this sounds most likly that you have lost your WIFI settings on the Kindle and just need to either turn WIFI back on or readd the WIFI network to the Kindle.

James.I :

Once I have the model I should be able to talk you through the process of getting this device to talk to your router once again.

Customer:

sorry for delay. kindle screen lights up !! cannot remember what it`s called.

James.I :

No problem do you have the model number

Customer:

Sorry James all this techo is new to me.

James.I :

Its ok, it is rather over complicated for a book :-)

James.I :

You can find the model number by going into settings and clicking device info

James.I :

It should come up with a serial number or model number

James.I :

It should start B0.....

Customer:

not without going through all my paperwork. do you want the delay ?

James.I :

If you have it switched on, and go to Settings and Device Info and tell me the first 6 digits of the serial number that should be sufficent

James.I :

If not i can try and give you some generic instructions and you can let me know if that works

James.I :

The manual for the kindle white can be found here
At the top of the screen can you see a WIFI signal idicator

James.I :

*indicator.

It should have the word WIFI next to three curved lines, as per page 10 of the manual this will tell us if WIFI is ON or if you are connected to a WIFI network

Customer:

serial no:90D42201. Is that helpful?

James.I :

James.I :

Can you see the WIFI icon next to the battery status icon at the top, ?

Customer:

Yes. It`s fine. All three parts on.

James.I :

The next step is on page 11 of the manual, which explains how to setup WIFI.
First we need to press the menu button at the bottom of the screen, then select Settings

James.I :

Then select WIFI networks

James.I :

Is your network listed?

Customer:

Menu on computer screen or on Kindle. If this is becoming a problem for you and I, I think one of my kids ought to look into this with you. Having paid can we cancel this conversation until later when they will be fast and it won`t be frustrating for you ?

James.I :

Sorry I should have been clearer

James.I :

Its not a problem.

James.I :

There is a good video here which may be easier for you to follow?

Customer:

Unfortunately I am not very fast with all this. As I said, can my daughter carry on later ?

James.I : Thats not a problem, we are available any time of the day
James.I : Please go and enjoy the rest of your day and we can pick this up later on
Customer:

Thanks. I assume my payment stands

James.I : Your payment is only completed once you accept an answer, so at this time you havent got the answer you need so we will continue working through this with your daughter or whom ever you like until your happy you have the answer you require.
James.I : I am guessing its a Panasonic system, but once I have the model number I can send you instructions for setting this up for you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer:

Hi James, Daughter away but will visit Saturday 9th Aug.

Customer:

Hi James, Daughter away but will be visiting home Sat Aug 9th.

Customer:

Hi James, Daughter away but will be here Aug 9th.

Customer:

Hi James,

Customer:

Hi James, Daughter away until Aug 9th. I have some info that may be helpful then. Device info Wi-Fi MAC address 10:AE:60:C9:E1:91 Serial No. 90D4 2201 4202 06LX Network

James.I :

No problem

Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co. uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/8kxn2-unable-storefront-even-though-top.html). Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.