John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

How do I prevent visitors from using my computer and print

How do I prevent visitors from using my computer and printer
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir let me be clear you want to enable a login password ***** your windows XP PC am i correct

John :

Note: - Type your message in the chat box below then press enter to send it or click on reply to send it so that I can see your reply

Customer:

I want to prevent visitors from using my computer and printer by using a login password ***** that only I can use it.

John :

Is your printer connected to this XP machine using usb cable?

Customer:

yes

John :

In that case creating a password ***** the XP machine will be enough

Customer:

How do I do that?

John :

i will guide you

Customer:

o.k.

John :

Are you in the XP machine now?

Customer:

yes

John :

Click on Start and then Control Panel.

John :

let me know when you are in control panel

Customer:

in control panel now

John :

Good.Click on the User Accounts icon

John :

did you open it ?

Customer:

ok

John :

how many user accounts are listed in it?

Customer:

yes

John :

i mean how many user accounts are listed in the user accounts window?

Customer:

owner computer user

John :

You mean 3 user accounts

Customer:

1. owner computer administrator

2. guest account isoff

John :

OH OK when you turn on the pc does it asks to click on owner computer administrator to login

Customer:

I assumed there was only one user account indicated by a chessboard

Customer:

no i only click on internet to get to google, and gmail

John :

so it opens directly to desktop screen with icons am i correct

Customer:

yes

John :

in the user accounts page click on owner computer administrator and see if that opens owner computer administrator page

Customer:

have done that and it asks what i want to do chenge my name, create apassword, change my picture, change account type, set up my account to use NET passport

John :

Select create password

John :

then let me know the options it shows?

Customer:

ok create a password ***** disappeared !

John :

That is strange.

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer:

ok

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the remote access.

John :

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=bf05b005-20be-45b7-9bad-9c153eddebaf then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Once I have access to your PC i will send a short message through the remote chat screen. Do not close this main chat page either.

John :

If it didn't connect in 5 mins let me know

John :

The problem had been solved. Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have been trying to access my computer using password which i set at your suggestion yesterday but my icon the chessboard no longer appears and i am not asked to provide a password, when I press sign in I am asked to provide password andusername to google account, don't know if I have a google account also my email address chenged about a year ago from hotmail to gmail. At the moment I cant access my gmails and it seems that visitors can access my computer, please help Jacustomer-1cd5nrez-

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Ma'am i apologize for the delay in getting back to you i wasn't online when you replied.I saw that the other expert had solved your computer issue.The passwoard you created yesterday is for windows Xp login which was your requirement.We didn't do anything to your email account.I believe you got confused with the windows Xp login and your email account i believe the other expert had cleared the issue.Please let me know if you have any further help in the same matter.

Sincererly,
John

Have a Great God Blessed Day