JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

printer (Pixma MG5550) works perfectly for A4 but will not

printer (Pixma MG5550) works perfectly for A4 but will not print 10x15 card
Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me what error you get when you try and print the 10x15 cards?

Have you managed to do this before, or is this the first time with this printer?

Often this is a setting on your computer, so if you can also advise how your printing the cards this should help me talk you through getting this work.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

I have been able to print cards perfectly well on this printer (with this computer (MacBook Pro 10.7.5). They just come out blank! A4 prints fine.

I put the cards in portrait style as advised by Canon and select print, choosing the card size.

I did it again just now and discover that it does print a post card size card that is 3mm narrower! so my problem is that the printer will not recognise 10.4 X 14.7 but it will print 10.2 X 15.2. Even if I set the size to the one I want it does not print. Page comes out blank.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

I have check your printer specifications and Cannon state the printer will only support 10 x 15cm, so not sure how sensative it is, but a few mm does seem rather extreme.

The printer specification can be found here, clicking on the Specification tab just under the image, and then looking under the Paper Support section, and the line which says Paper Size

So it appears its a limitation of your printer unfortunatly, and I cant see an option in the manual to define your own paper size on the printer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well I've been working quite hard on this and finally managed to print using 104 X 147 mm card from a pdf of my text. The actual size chosen by Adobe Reader is 3.94 in X 5.38 in which is 100mm X 148mm, so it can be done! thank you for your help.. SK

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

Sounds like another one of those trial and errors, good to know you found a work around!

Appreciate if you can complete the rating for this question so I can close it down, unless you need any further assistance?