cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

my oki C5250 will not power up after an EMP Lighting strike

Customer Question

my oki C5250 will not power up after an EMP Lighting strike hit the road outside. The screen and lights flash briefly then the screen backlight goes out and LED blocks scroll around the screen in a circular direction. The lower RJ45 light is on dimly and nothing else happens. Pressing the black Reset / Network button on the rear has no effect. It will not power up to a menu. The SDIM has been removed - no change. Com cables have been removed - no change. Any thoughts - is it terminal??

Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.

cvd4311 :

Sounds like the lightening has fried the power board Assembly unit in this mach and it might have also fried the main control. Instead of hitting the power surge protector your C5250 was hit. Since you have already reset it and removed items then it does sound like the power board assembly and yes maybe even the main control got fried. Depending on old it is it might be cheaper just to replace it or if it is still under warranty then the manufacturer will replace it.