Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a brother HL-4570CDW which has suddenly developed a

I have a brother HL-4570CDW which has suddenly developed a blank area in the black toner. it is a white stripe in area 3. I have cleaned the drum (could not see any problem) cleaned the scanner window and changed the toner, all to no effect. What else can I try?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi this is Michelle and i will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

how old is the printer?

Michelle :

White lines, bands or ribbing across the page

Please check the following points to solve the problem:
The drum unit or toner cartridges may not be installed correctly. Re-install the drum unit and toner cartridges.

Customer:

it is a couple of years at the most

Michelle :

is it more than 3 years?

Michelle :

did you replace the drum unit?

Michelle :

i see you have stepped out of the chat. Let me know when you are back.

Customer:

sorry trying to keep up with work having wasted the morning so far! Less than 3 years, but no haven't replaced the drum.

Michelle :

If you have not replaced the drum then let me update you that this issue occurs due to two things.

Customer:

yes please update me.

Michelle :

1. Toner cartridge which has a photosensitive drum and if that drum has scratches or it is dirty or have some damage due to sticker or glue stuck on it. applies on all the toner cartridges so take out each clean the drum by rolling it using your thumb and reinstall it back.

Customer:

Have tried that - no sign of damage

Michelle :

2. Drum unit has a life of 3 years or it depends on the printer usages as well the drum uniti is also a consumable part which need a replacement however many times you dont get a drum error on the printer to replace if.

Customer:

OK thanks looks like I will have to get a new drum.

Michelle :

i am attaching a link how to replace a drum unit follow the steps to remove the drum clean it and reinstall and see if it works and if the result is same you will need a new drum unit.

Michelle :

Carry out calibration to improve the color density as well.

Michelle :

Calibration from the control panel:
Follow the steps listed below to carry out calibration from the control panel.

1. Press + or - to choose Color Correction. Press OK.

2. Press + or - to choose ColorCalibration. Press OK.

3. Press OK to choose Calibrate.

4. Press + to choose Yes.

If you print using the Windows® printer driver and you still have a print quality issue, please check the settings in thePrinting Preferences dialog box.

1. Access the Printing Preferences dialog box.

2. Click the Advanced tab and click Other Print Options....

Michelle :

Choose Color Calibration in the Printer Function, and make sure that both the Use Calibration Data check box and the Get Device Data Automatically check box are checked.

Michelle :

is there anything else i may help you with?

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if have any question feel free to ask.

Michelle :

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors