Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

How do I uninstall Microsoft Office One Note 2007 please

Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows are you using?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows XP

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Thank you, ***** ***** is not part of office itself so does not have its own installer.
Instead in the control panel look for your version of office in this case 2007 and click on it.

It should give you both an uninstall and a change option.
Choose the option to change, In the Office Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.

Click the + sign to expand it, and change it so one note has an x on it.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In the control panel under Add or Remove Microsoft Office 2007 appeared and then various contents including One Note with + alongside. I changed the + to - and got an offer to Configurate Microsoft Office 2007. That has been done twice but One Note is still in the contents panel. I could not actually get the results you suggested.

Perhaps another angle to try is the reason I want to Uninstall.

I wanted to print a letter which was on the screen. I clicked Print and the advice page of One Note came up. Even when I tried to click on Print on One Note nothing happened. So how do I get rid of One Note on the top of my letter, please?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
That is actually the version of one note that acts like a pdf printer.
Click on file and print, then click on where it says one note and it should change to a drop down.
Select your printer from there and then press print.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems crazy that I have now found what was a very simple solution - found by accident I would add.

At the top of the panel which comes up to click on for printing is a box with two or three option - one is One Note and the other is the Epson printer details. It was One Note which for some reason had become highlighted. It now seems to be working alright.

Thank you for your help. I could not seem to find the boxes which you suggested I should click on, but I do not in any way blame you - I think it is either me or my computer!!!!! I would still like to Uninstall One Note because I really don't need it, so your advice would still be welcome.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You actually accidentally found the box I was referring to and I am glad you found it. To remove one note from there click on start then on printers and faxes. Right click on one note here and click on delete/remove. Once done it should no longer show up. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or OneNote.
.