Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

kindle on switch will not slide I have to keep tapping the

kindle on switch will not slide I have to keep tapping the screen. when I play games like candy crush and others the devicve will not slide. also there is now a yellow line boxing items which was not there before can you advise. the kindle was only bought in january
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer. I am Cris and will my very best to assist you with your question!

It appears your Kindle software is glitched. Try performing a power reset by holding the power button/switch for 20 seconds. Your device will shut off then turn back on allow up to 3 minutes for the software to load up.

Please let me know the outcome reply back to me with ANY further questions. BEFORE selecting a negative rating, I will answer your follow-ups!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did asyou suggested but i am no further forward

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, normally if there is any glitch with the software the solution provided will resolve. If it does not, then unfortuantely there is hardware failure which is common with Kindle devices.

I see that you have had your device since Janurary of this year is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it was bought in january of this year for my 80th birthday

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Okay, well no worries all Kindle devices have a 1-year warranty provided by Amazon. Since your device appears to have hardware failure it would have to be replaced, the problem is not fixable.

Contact Kindle Support at +44(###) ###-####/span>. They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives

Your other options in the mean time are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask.

I know this maybe not the exact answer you were hoping for. But unfortuantely in your case the answer I can provide you do to hardware failure.

Please reply back to me with any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you Cris for your help I will contact kindle support and see what they have to say.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Your very welcome!

Glad I could assist you with your issue/question.

Best Regards,
Cris