Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

i have the canon EOS rebel digital SLR is there any way of

i have the canon EOS rebel digital SLR is there any way of simply getting the photos onto an iphone/icloud without having to mess around with a memory card ??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You cannot connect your Canon EOS camera to the iCloud. Some Nikon cameras have a wireless capability that I know of (if not other camera brands) that allow direct connection to handheld devices of some sorts by some means... but I am not aware of any means of doing this sort of thing with a Canon EOS camera.

There is an app (Canon EOS Remote) that allows remote control (and picture reception etc.) onto an iPhone or iPad or Android phone, from a Canon EOS 6D... but that won't work with your model.

The nearest thing I can think of that might do, is getting a wireless adapater for your EOS camera, and using that to connect to the iPhone... perhaps. It might not work.

Basically, you use a memory card, or you use a computer, to get photos from this sort of EOS camera to an iPhone. Other ways aren't really possible nor supported.

http://www.eyefi.com/
is a means of doing what you ask about, but it is a memory card of sorts, so perhaps you're not open to that means of doing what you ask about. It's a wireless SD card, that you put in your camera. You install an app on your iPhone. Then you can transfer photos from the camera to your iPhone.