Carl L
Carl L, IT Specialist
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience.
27991594

I have CS 6 installed on my desktop, serial number xxxx xxxx

I have CS 6 installed on my desktop, serial number xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx and this runs ok (os windows 7 ) and I am trying to get it to run on this laptop which is wireless-linked to my desktop and runs on windows 8.1. CS6 installed OK along with Bridge, I use these programs all day, every day for processing raw photos for my estate agency business. However, on the laptop the raws (canon eos) download into bridge but will not process further without, the above serial number and my e-mail user id are not sufficient to allow progress, can you help please?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a fee based Question and Answer Company. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Are you saying that it's acting as if the software hasn't been activated and is asking for the serial and email before it will allow you to continue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is what it appears like, it asks for this clarification before allowing further use of the program. CS6 was loaded onto this 64bit laptop from the original Adobe disk and was used first on my desktop during mid 2013. Could it be that Adobe will not allow more than one use of purchased software. I.e: I can put it on my desktop, but not on my laptop? My original question contained the serial number for CS6. that I

purchased through Adobe direct.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thank you for clarifying that with me. The answer is that with CS6, you can technically install it to two different computers but it can only be activated on one computer at a time. Adobe allowed this on single use license's incase you had a PC at home / office but needed to take it on the road using your Laptop. If you want to use CS6 on both computers at the same time, you'll have to purchase another license.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Carl, you have confirmed what I suspected. I photograph properties which I then process raw images and e-mail the resultant CS6 as Jpegs to several offices. I use the laptop to do some of this work on site then complete this work later on my desktop. I consider that to be a single usage of the product. I also use Lightroom the same way. So it looks like I will have to take this up directly with Adobe. Particularly if one wishes to use new Adobe product such as their "Cloud" I cannot see how you can use a laptop in conjunction with a desktop (single user set-up) on the same work using things like the Cloud for intermediate storage. However this is not your problem and I have given you the smiley you require. Thanks again, C Keene.