Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have a problem with my cannon PIXMA MP 560. The fault code

Customer Question

I have a problem with my cannon PIXMA MP 560. The fault code is B200 Can you fix it.
DerekGledden
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

B200 means there is either a problem with the print head or the logic board.
First try this and let me know what happens, Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing ghanged

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it might be working

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
That is great news, please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated and is the only way this site will pay me for helping you. If it did not work let me know so we can continue, it sounds like it is working though from what you have posted.
.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hi I just wanted to check up and see if the printer is working? Please make sure to reply on the site if you reply to the email it will not go to anyone.
.