cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

How do I authorize my kobo mini from adobe digital editions.

Customer Question

How do I authorize my kobo mini from adobe digital editions. From my iPad Air please
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
cvd4311 :

Have you tried this:

Uninstall ADE.

Reinstall ADE.

Downloaded your library book to ADE.

Then plug Kobo into PC

ADE should automatically detected Kobo and reauthorized.

Sync to Kobo.

cvd4311 :

You can also try this:

deauthorize Kobo in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) using Ctrl-Shift-E
- deauthorize computer in ADE using Ctrl-Shift-D
- remove the My Documents\My Digital Editions folder from computer
WARNING: backup your books if you need to.
- remove the G:\Digital Editions and G:\.adobe-digital-editions folders from your Kobo (G: is the drive that is usually uses on your computer).
- unplug the Kobo
- reset the Kobo to factory settings via the Settings->Advanced choice in the Kobo menu.
- reinstall ADE, authorize the computer to the new Adobe ID
- plugin the Kobo, authorize it to your new Adobe ID

Customer: Hi, I am sorry but I think you somehow only got half of my question .info I wanted to get through. Is there any way to download Adobe Digital Editions to my iPad Air &authorise my kobo mini. I do have adobe ID but cannot download the app-Safari pop ups just say "Download Failed" . I have failed to get any help with this as experts just tell me to connect to computer using USB but I don't have this option with iPad Air .Iam total novice at computers so I do need help? I only have iPad Air &Kobo Mini and have no idea how to authorise my kobo. I would be very grateful if you can help please, as I feel I am just going round in circles. I do love to read on my kobo as I am deaf so have little communication apart from iPad Air &kobo.
cvd4311 :

From what I am hearing and seeing the only way to get the file onto your iPad is to get it out of Adobe Digital Editions, so it functions as a normal PDF or EPUB file. So in other words you can not download Adobe to your IPad air because there is no app for it in your App store.

You can download adobe on your kobo mini. To do so go to this link: http://www.kobobooks.com/ade

Basically it is telling you this:

1. Connect your Kobo eReader to your computer and select Manage Library.

2. Start Digital Editions.
    If you were already using Digital Editions, restart it so that it will find your eReader and start the Device Setup Assistant.

3. Click Authorize Device.

4. Click Finished to complete the process.

Customer: I don't know what happened,but I replied to you as above, I received e-mail from you today but it is not answering my message as above,I do appreciate that you responded quickly to the original information,but as you will see above, I do hope you can help me please as I am pulling my hair out,I can't seem to get the help I need. Many thanks Maureen.
cvd4311 :

Basically Adobe can not be installed on your IPad Air but Adobe can be installed on your Kobo mini. IPad Air will only let you install apps from their App store and Adobe is not one of them. You can install Adobe on your Kobo mini itself.

Go to this link and click on number 4 and it will tell you how to install: http://www.kobobooks.com/ade

Basically here is what it says "

1. How do I authorize my Kobo eReader with Adobe?

Before you can use Digital Editions to transfer books to your Kobo eReader, you must authorize your eReader with Adobe. When you authorize your Kobo eReader, Adobe adds it to the list of devices associated with your Adobe account. Adobe limits the number of eReaders and computers you can use with their software, which is why this is necessary.

Authorizing takes only a moment.

To authorize your eReader:

2. Start Digital Editions.

3. Click Authorize Device.

Your eReader will now be listed as one of your Bookshelves in Digital Editions. You can drag books from your Digital Editions library to the eReader icon to copy them to your eReader".

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
I have switched to Q & A so that you might see my answer to your question above. You can not download Adobe to your IPad Air but can to your Kobo. Ipad air only takes apple apps. Follow the instructions above to install Adobe on your kobo mini.