Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Hi, I have a new laptop (windows 7) and since I transfer

Customer Question

I have a new laptop (windows 7) and since I transfer all of my files from my external hard drive onto my new laptop I have not been able to use many of the audio files and not been able to access many of the folders.
Error message from windows media player: "Windows media player cannot access the fle. The file might be in use,you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored or your proxy settings might not be correct."
Error message from itunes: "The itunes library Extras.itdb file is locked on a locked disk or you do not have write permission for this file."
Error message from windows explorer: (folder structure): "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\My Pictures is not accessible. Access denied"
I think it has something to do with permissions / ownership of the folders, but I can't seem to change them to gain access. What do you think might be the problem and can you tell me how I could fix it?
Tim
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 3 years ago.

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

No problem

Can i remote on and have a look at your problem

remote means we can do a Screen sharing session so i can see your screen and fix your issue

Its fully Secure and built into the Justanswer website , there is no Extra Charge if you wish i can send you details to connect
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's fine

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now?

Expert:  James K. replied 3 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8ba9d192-5f28-4ad9-bda5-826645efdab1

Click the Link Above

Click the join button

A file will download

Click Run / OK / Allow if asked