Bryan
Bryan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Hardware/Software/Viruses/Malware/Spyware .. I can help you fix it all.
59162784

hi could you give me the formula to read the last 2 numbers

hi could you give me the formula to read the last 2 numbers in a cell that has P0307F23-44 in it , that will bring over 44% to another cell, thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
Bryan :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Bryan :

Ok, let's say that the original value is in A1 and you want to place the last 2 characters into B1:

B1 would be: =RIGHT(A1, 2)

Customer:

can you hold for a min while i try please

Bryan :

No problem

Customer:

its come up as anumber, can it be a %

Bryan :

Yes, you change the format of column B to a number format and make it a percentage.

Bryan :

Right-click on the column header so it selects the full column, then choose "Format"

Customer:

format doesnt give me % can you talk ?

Bryan :

We can only offer online chat. But give me just a minute.

Bryan :

When you click "Format Cells", click the "Number" tab. "Percentage" is the 7th option down

Bryan :

Is this just going to be used for display, or will you be using the percentage to do additional calculations?

Customer:

yes for additional calculations.......it says % in the tab at the top in the middle but its number 50 not 50%

Bryan :

Ok. Then we're going about this wrong. I thought you just wanted it for display. Give me a minute.

Bryan :

Ok, you want: =Value(Right(A1, 2)) / 100

Bryan :

Does that work for you?

Customer:

yes thanks

Bryan :

You're welcome. Have a great day!

Bryan :

Please don't forget to rate my service before you go.