Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

My ipad wont keep connected to any one wifi network and keeps

My ipad wont keep connected to any one wifi network and keeps saying it doesnt recognise the password ***** my home hub despite the fact I have entered the code many times. Not sure what to do
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

Go to Settings / General / Reset then select Reset Network Settings. When it reboots try connecting again

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately that does not help. Any other ideas?

Ok can you tell me what you mean by "they keep slipping and it puts in another one which also slips". I am not familiar with that term "slips".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - sorry for delay but needed to access a computer! When I go to setting it will say not connected. Then I select home hub. Sometimes it says can't connect, sometimes it asks for the password ***** sometimes it connects. But then it will disconnect. Then it may try BT Wifi or BT wifi with fon. Again it picks up the networks but then disconnects.

It will switch backwards and forwards at will and then just go to unconnected.

Ok I would try doing a Restore by plugging it into the computer it is synced with and opening iTunes. See here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only problem is that it is not synced with a computer. I use it as a stand alone device

Are you at least using the iCloud to backup?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - I am afraid not

You should at least do that or you could lose your data. Unless it is an actual hardware failure that is the only procedure that can fix that problem. Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will try - the only problem i need a connection to do it. Will see what I can do, So when I have backed everything up, what do I do next?

With or without a computer?
If you meant without a computer the directions are here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521

Restore from an iCloud backup
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I will try that once I have managed to back everything up which may take a while

Ok there are certain things that do not get backed up without a computer. Pictures, Music, Movies for instance.