Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

Hi Kriptokrit, I only managed the first part of your advice,

Customer Question

Hi Kriptokrit,
I only managed the first part of your advice, and it didn't work. My Kindle Fire HD is a
still not charging properly. Do you have any further advice for me please?
Barbi
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question Barbi.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Did you try the 3rd troubleshooting step I have provided you with?
When did you purchase your Kindle?
When we are done, I'll close one of your two questions and send it to the refund office.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I only managed to implement the first part of the advice, that is holding down the power button for 45 seconds, waiting two minutes, and then trying again.
I would like it if the email could be resent.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Relist: I still need help. Dear Kriptokrit, Thanks for getting back to me, and resending the email. I have tried the remaining solutions, and am sorry to say that they didn't work either. Could you please give me the next steps? Barbi XXXXx

Hi Barbi,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to confirm (I noticed that you had problem to read my first answer) did you try all 3 troubleshooting steps I have provided you with?

When did you purchase your Kindle?

Regards,

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Todd,

My Kindle appears to be charging now, so I'll get back to you with any more problems if I may.

Best wishes,

Barbi

Dear Barbi,
Seems that glitch in the software prevented battery to charge normally. Kindle reset and force reset (troubleshooting steps I have provided you with) resolved glitch issue. Charge your Kindle for minimum 2. If there is no hardware issue battery should charge properly.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.
Thanks for using our service.
All the best,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Todd,

When I took my Kindle off charge having done all the things recommended, it still had not charged. What is the next step please?

Regards,

BarbiCry

Dear Barbi,
If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).
Bad news is that your Kindle is defective (defective charging port or bad battery). I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, USB charging). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Because defective port is the main problem in 95% it's not a good idea to replace the battery without testing the Kindle.
Good news is that if your Kindle is still under Amazon warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Kindle for free.
If your Kindle is out of warranty, the good news is that Amazon does often replace Kindles out of warranty. At least they would replace it for less than the cost of repairing.
You will have to contact your seller/retailer or Amazon warranty support service to arrange replacement.
There is an option that Amazon calls you. To contact Amazon use the procedure below.
1. Go to the page below - click here.
Log in using your Amazon account information.
2. Select Kindle > Kindle Device (or Troubleshooting my Kindle) > Problem with my Kindle > My Kindle is damaged or Kindle is frozen/unresponsive
3. Click Phone - Call us
4. Enter your number and choice "Call me now" or "Call me for 5 minutes".
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.
Please let me know if you are not satisfied with my help or if you need more information. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Barbi, did you get my previous answer?