John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ Years in the computer industry
60674955

In the process of changing search engine from Ask to google,

Customer Question

In the process of changing search engine from Ask to google, my gmail account was lost. The address is *****@******.***. can I get it back again?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Can you tell me what steps you were taking to change your search engine and what kind of issues you are having in accessing your gmail account?

Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think the original change from Google to Ask was made by Java. I tried to change it back but made a mess of it and so got on to my ISP (BT) and eventually through their screen-sharing service we got back to Google. It took a long time because their technical assistants are not trained on Windows8. When I then tried to access the g-mail account it had just disappeared! It is still there somewhere because people have sent emails to the old address but got no reply because I cannot find them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you get my reply with additional information? I am still awaiting a reply.

I am in the US and only answer questions afternoon/evening my time. As you are probably 5 hours ahead there may be delays in communication.

To confirm, you do know you gmail email address and password, correct?

John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Correct.

Great.

Are you aw to sign on by going to http://gmail.com ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do not understand aw! Have tried logging on to http://gmail.com but did not help.

Ok, I need to know what message you get when trying to sign in on that page.

John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You've lost me. Not able to sign in, just typed that site into search engine.

You need to type that into the address bar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm very sorry but we're just not getting anywhere. As you will have gathered I'm not very techno savvy and I have trouble with some of the terminology. I've typed those details in but all I get is a list of websites to do with gmail.

Ok. One of those should be gmail.com

Or you can type gmail sign in

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've done that several times but all I get is access to the new gmail account I'm using now. What I am trying to do is find the old one!

Ok. This is new information. You did not indicate you were able to reach gmail previously.

You need to sign out of the current account.

Click your account photo in the top right corner. If you see your email address at the top instead of a photo, click that.

Choose sign out.

Now sign in with your old account.

John
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
John