Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I have an Asus ME400CL, having done a Windows update installation,

I have an Asus ME400CL, having done a Windows update installation, my tablet no longer sees WiFi connection, I have tried rebooting both router and tablet with no success.
Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. If a Windows update disabled your wireless connection you can run System Restore to put the table back in the condition it was in prior to the update. This will not affect your documents or personal files.

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.
Tap or click Open System Restore, and select a restore date prior to the Windows update.

After the restart the tablet should be restored to its pre-update working condition.

-

I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately system restore was unable to complete. I couldn't change the restore point from the automatic date offered, which should have been ok as it was prior to the update, however it wasn't.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Pippa. When the restore was unable to complete did it throw off an error message or code?

There's another approach to this.

Type in: view installed updates

Locate the updates that were just installed. Left click to select the update and at the top of the Name column click Uninstall.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, so uninstalled, restarted, but uninstall wasn't successful & updates appear to have been reinstalled.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Open search and type windows update and open Windows Update Settings.

Click Choose how updates get installed.

Under Important Updates click the drop-down arrow and set it to: ***** ***** but let me choose whether to install them

Click Apply

Uninstall the updates again (I'm still not sure how they could have come back)

What was it that indicated to you the uninstall wasn't successful?

Was there an error message or something else.

Also, could you tell me the title of the updates that were installed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There were 13 updates in total, a mixture of security and Microsoft windows updates. Obviously in order to download the updates I was connected to the internet, this was via a wifi connection, since system automatically restarted following updates I have not been able to see any wifi connections. Hence my assumption the problem is connected.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

If Windows isn't seeing any wireless networks, check this: open Search and type in

ncpa.cpl and open the search result.

Check to make sure the Wi-Fi connection hasn't been disabled.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
"Not connected"
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
If you right click on the icon you should have the option to Connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do you 'right click' on a touchpad using Windows 8.1?

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.