cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

My JVC tv appears to suddenly developed a colour fault in the

Customer Question

My JVC tv appears to suddenly developed a colour fault in the fact the picture is almost white have tried using the colur/contrast controls on remote with no success any idea what I can do.
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
cvd4311 :

Sounds like something has caused a short in the HV circuit. Not sure how old your JVC tv is but it looks like your picture tube will have to be replaced which could be costly. It could also be that transistor has went out on your CRT board which is also a costly replacement unless you know how to do it yourself. It would be cheaper just to replace the JVC tv at this point unless you have a warranty.

Customer:

Tv bought 18.02.11 but I did not get an extended warranty. Thanks for your reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TV bought 18.02.11 but I did not get an extended warranty.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Okay since you do not have an extended warranty, you will either have to purchase a picture tube or if the transistor went out you will have to purchase once of those. It might be cheaper just to JVC tv at this point unless you know how to put the picture tube in or replace the transistor.