Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

Hi My toshiba is about 2 months old. I get the toshiba leading

My toshiba is about 2 months old. I get the toshiba leading innovation start up screen. It them goes blank with a light behind for a good minute. I then log in. Takes another 2 minutes to recognise my password. Then goes to black screen with light behind.
It was fine this morning. Nothing has changed in the last two hours from my side.
I have tried restarting a dozen times with exactly the same result, even after complete shut down.
I cannot use this laptop at all and I need to work. Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. We can try using System Restore to put the machine back to a working condition. From your log in screen hold down (and keep holding) the Shift key and click the power icon in the lower right corner and select Restart. Release the Shift key when you see

"Please Wait"

On the Choose an Option page select Troubleshoot

On the next page select Advanced Options

On the next page select System Restore

Once System Restore launches select your account, enter your password ***** click

Continue

Once System Restore comes up click Next

Select a restore date before this problem began and click Next

Click Finish

Say Yes to the admonition that it cannot be interrupted

System Restore will begin initializing and then restoring files.

Once finished and the machine restarted, you should be able to log in successfully.

-

I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.