dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have a satelite c850d, it powers up to my password *****

I have a satelite c850d, it powers up to my password ***** screen and then displays the windows 8 desktop ( classic style) sometimes pinned items will appear along the bottom menu and sometimes they won't, but at this point the screen goes blank briefly then refreshes the desktop screen and then continues to loop in this fashion. All I am able to do is ctrl alt del to open task manager to shut the system down. Any ideas on how to stop the "looping " and get it back to normal, preferabley without losing some accounts files on the drive?
Category: Computer
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 3 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi! I am A. Stevens here to help with your question.

A. Stevens :

There is a feature in windows 8 called a Refresh

A. Stevens :

that will reinstall your operating system without deleting your data

A. Stevens :

Click this link for instructions on how to perform a Windows 8 Refresh on a system that is not working. You will want to use method 1

A. Stevens :

Hopefully this resolves your issue

A. Stevens :

If you are satisfied with my answer I would greatly appreciate you rating my answer with the smiley faces below. Thanks for using Just Answer! Please feel free to reply to this chat if you have any additional questions!

Customer:

Hi there, I am aware of refresh but I do not have a boot cd or usb, so cannot access refresh this way.

A. Stevens :

Unfortunately that would be the only way to access the refresh if you are unable to prompt it from inside windows 8.

A. Stevens :

You can contact your PC manufacturer to request a copy of the media

A. Stevens :

This way you can perform the refresh

A. Stevens :

You just need to let them know what you are trying to do and they should send you a CD free of charge

A. Stevens :

since you do already have a license included with your notebook