Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

My Epson Stylus SX235W printer has stopped working - help!

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What exactly happens does it send out a blank page or nothing at all?
What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was trying to print a copy and it stopped half way through. I pulled the half printed copy through & tried to print something bu apart from noises in the printer & the little red light showing - nothing happens.

Sorry can't help you with the version of windows or mac question. I don't know.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If it is a Mac click on the apple menu and then about this Mac.
If it is a windows computer right click on computer and click properties.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think my computor must be Windows because I right clicked it & it came up with a page which started with the following:

Hyper text transfer protocol

Type HTML document

Connection Not Encrypted

Sorry I can't be of any more help - but I am 86 years old & not very good with computors.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Click on the windows start button, computer or my computer should be there right click on it and click properties. Have you restarted the computer yet since this started?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The computor has been going all the time and there is nothing wrong with it. My problem is with the printer and what I was trying to print was just a sheet of paper which I put under the lid & pressed the correct button - but nothing happens.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I never said anything was wrong with the computer. If you used the glass that was a copy and not a print. Please try printing something from the computer for me, does it do the same thing?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said I am not computor (or printer) literate. Aparently my problem was that I had run out of one of the five colour ink cartreges. Now replaced and printer working fine. Thanks for trying to help me.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome, please consider leaving a positive rating for my time it is greatly appreciated. If you are having any other trouble with your machine just let me know.
.