IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My keyboard on the nexus seven tablet has disappeared. How

My keyboard on the nexus seven tablet has disappeared. How can I retrieve it ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

The keyboard will automatically hide where there is no need for input. Once you tap into the boxes that require your input (for example into the Internet browser address box), the keyboard will automatically show itself and you will be able to type text.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I.T. Miro,

I have tried that and it does not work. All I see is the Voice search symbol and no keyboard appears , no matter where I tap.

Ken

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Check with another app (icon).

Tap on the white basket icon (Google Play) that should be located in the bottom right corner. When it opens, tap in the search box located in the upper right corner.

Will the keyboard appear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have a google play icon. I have a google, google settings google plus etc. every time I try to type the voice search icon appears. How do I get my type script back /

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
I was referring to this icon:

graphic

All tablets should have it. Please check again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have that one. I have one for settings. Is that any good ? It is like a cog wheel . The one most like it is for play store.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Please do the following to get back the keyboard if it has been replaced by "voice typing":

1. Tap on the Settings icon

2. There scroll down to the Language and input section - tap on it

3. On the right side, you will see input methods. Tap on Default and select keyboard there

4. You can also un-check the "Google voice typing" check-box there

5. Now tap on the home button and check if your keyboard will appear whenever you need to type text
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried to follow what you said.When I tap on default it says choose input method and underneath set up input methods.When you click onset up input methods if flashes something on screen but only for a second so it is impossible to read it . Keyboard may or not be there.

google voice typing has automatic under it and the tick is faint but will not disappear when I try to uncheck it.

Nothing else to report apart from the fact that this has been on going since 5,30. p.m..

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
In that case, you can restart the tablet by pressing and holding down the Power button. Choose Power off or Restart.

Start the tablet again and go back to the Language and input section to change the default input method.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is just the same.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Do you have anything important stored on the tablet or you only use it for surfing the Internet? I ask that because you can reset the tablet back to factory settings which will correct this keyboard problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tell me what to do and I will try it.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
OK. You can follow the instructions available on this link:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/28928/google-nexus-7-tablet-hard-reset-or-reboot

That should correct this keyboard problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What very poor service. I do not want any free trials or services from your company now or in the future. I have spent over five and a half hours online and this has been a complete waste of time.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Have you reset the device as suggested?