Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

The CPU is working but not the monitor

Customer Question

The CPU is working but not the monitor
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Please also let me know the make and model of monitor if you can.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HP compaq 100 desktop pc series model number 100-005ea, MONITOR E176fpc

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you and at any time does anything at all show up on the monitor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok there are a number of things that could cause this issue but let's try the obvious things first.

The first thing you need to do is make sure the monitor is turned on and plugged in. Even with no picture on the screen you should see some lights lit up on the monitor. If you do not see any light on the monitor then it is not getting power.

Make sure that you press the power button on the monitor. If that does not help please follow the power cable on the back of the monitor and make sure it is fully plugged in to a known working power outlet.

Please try the following and let me know the results and I will furthe instruct you if that does not get it going.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The screen does have a light when switched on, but other than that, it is blank.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.

Which color is the light on the monitor? Also let me know if it is flashing. The light on the monitor can indicate what the issue is so it would be helpful to know.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.

It was my pleasure assisting you with your question. I just wanted to follow up and see how everything is going and if you needed help with anything else. If you do have another question please feel free to ask I will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,
Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.

It was my pleasure assisting you with your question. I just wanted to follow up and see how everything is going and if you needed help with anything else. If you do not need more help please rate my service by clicking a smiley face.

Thanks,
Chris