Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  4 yrs of Hardware & Software Troubleshoot exp
18133961

My ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard is not working for the microphone.

My ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard is not working for the microphone. I have changed the motherboard for a new same model, I have tried several microphones. I have updated the drivers. What next?
Eric
PS. I've even tried a sound card!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Satchi :

Hi , Welcome to JustAnswer Thanks & Regards Satchi

Satchi :

click the link above and join the session

Satchi :

so that I can check remotely for troubleshooting

Customer:

I am not impressed at the moment as I have been pushed around legal questions which I did not ask. I want an answer on my motherboard problem. our session seems not to have started even after downloading the r emote program several times. Eric

Satchi :

I am connected now ...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For Satchi Only

Hi Sarchi,

All my microphones work as seen on the volume levels. But sound is still not going through Skype. I tried 3 times to my sister and she could not hear me. Also on the Skype test screen for sound there was still no result. I have downloaded an "upgraded" Skype but not yet had time to try it. Hopefully later today but I have a massive work load today with housekeeping. I am amazed how my wife held a responsible full time job and maintained everything in the house. That is our old house, much larger than this bungalow. She is totally disabled now but for me she is still wonder woman.

Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply ..

Let me know when you become online so that we can test skype .

Regards,
Satchi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

I have just tested to Skype and still no sound, Skype is at latest upgrade - BUT Going onto test the new webcam Picture but no sound. Then discovered configuration for Sound. This is in the speech recognition setup. Got microphone responding on the volume display but report came back, the computer did not hear any sound. The problem then is not unique to Skype. I have to conclude it is still somewhere in the software set up of the motherboard. I have been through for latest motherboard drivers, so there is still some knowledge we need to find. Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=60b7dece-72e9-4bb4-9250-89e22e5a7dc6

try to open the above link and join the session ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

Tomorrow about 11.00 or 11.30 ish I'll come on for the remote session. I have not the time available this evening.

Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
ok Sure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

available now for Satchi.

Problems to be aware of in going on remote. I still have to remain with the computer and cannot respond to my wife's distress calls should they arise. There are 2 systems on the boot choice. Windows 7 and Vista and of course they are passworded.

It does occur to me that I have not tested the microphones on Vista as there is no usable software for their use. Indeed it only exists to provide me the backup of having windows mail, when the mail system on 7 was a problem.

Eric

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

Available time slot exhausted, Friday my busiest day. Will now have to defer to Monday for the same time slot. Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eric,

No problem

Regrads,
Satchi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

Sorry about yesterday, Power cut made a mess of my day. I'm ready now but always at call for my wife in the next room. Paraplegic and we almost lost her a month back and she is still recovering.

regards Eric

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

Obviously busy. I have a 3 hour time slot 12.00 to 15.00 tomorrow, there will be a nurse to sit with Diana, leaving me an opportunity.

Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eric ,

I will be busy tomorrow .

We can fix the schedule around weekend ?

regards ,
Satchi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

O.K. Saturday, no go.

Sunday, I have nurse to sit from 12.00 to 15.00 for me to do the weekly shop. I will make that quick as only the fresh items like milk and fruit are needed this week. So 13.00 ish?

Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Yes .

See you then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

Sorry delayed in getting back today as I had installed a Audio card and that complicated everything. I have removed that reinstalled drivers and am back to where the microphones register a level on the sound check. So I have no sound from the microphone on Skype.

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eric ,

Sorry I was not around .

When will you be able to become online let me know ?

Regards ,

Satchi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

Next chance I have is 11.00 Monday. 15th, tomorrow as at the time of writing!

Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Now is it possible ?

Satchi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

O.K. Nurses seeing to Diana have just gone, so hopefully I am now free from interruptions as Diana has gone to sleep. So I'm on line

Eric

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

11.30 so going to lunch now, will come back on chance later.

Eric

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Satchi,

Decisions made, Abandon this project, I will cancel Skype. This is taking us too much time for the value of using Skype. Thank you for all your efforts. I just do not have enough time spare in one go either. Thank you again,

Close the question.

Eric

Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Eric ,

I am closing the question for now .

If any other issues related to computer in future then dont forget to ask me .

Regards,
Satchi