Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My e-mail has not been accessible for several days. I click

Customer Question

My e-mail has not been accessible for several days. I click on the usual sign in procedure and the inbox appears for a split second, then disappears. My e-mail address is
[email protected] co.uk
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

I have a question or two to ask before we can begin.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get to hotmail via google and the sign in command is the first of a list of options that pop up. My email inbox normally comes on the screen when I click on 'sign in'

Thank you for the update.

Perhaps, I misunderstood from the beginning.

What occurs when you enter your email and password before logging in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have to enter my email and password. For a number of years I have been accessing my email as I described above.

Okay, I assume that you are telling me that because you don't know your password.

No worries, you can reset it.

I am sorry to hear you are having such problems with your Hotmail account. I have had to personally deal with this issue a good couple thousand times.

When you fill out the form asking for your previous password, you can just enter "I do not remember" just as you should enter "I do not remember" for any of the other values in that password reset form.

After you fill the form out, it may take up to a few days before Hotmail will get to your case and contact you.

If you have indeed, tried all of the basic password reset procedures, you may wish to skip to the last of my instructions and call them directly.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your password:
- Click the following link: http://account.live.com/password/reset
- Fill out all of the requested information
- Once all of that is complete, you will be given the option to reset your password.

You will be able to reset your password now.