Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My lenovo 8 android tablet does not connect via the android

Customer Question

My lenovo 8 android tablet does not connect via the android app to my iMac, any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

I do not have a mac, so I cannot replicate the problem, but I would recommend that you connect it to your mac with a usb cable. Have your android tablet turned on and in an active state home screen, and have your the android app open on your mac before making the connection.

Customer:

I have done all that prior to asking my question.

JoelK :

Next, make sure that your tablet is in MTP transfer mode.

JoelK :

You can choose the transfer mode by swiping down from the top of your screen to reveal the notification screen.

JoelK :

Are you using the Android File Transfer app which you can access with this link?
https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Customer:

I am using the app, but unable to enable the MTP transfer mode

JoelK :

Do you see an item that shows how your device is connected on your tablet's notification screen? Can you select it for other options?

Customer:

it is only connected via wireless and bluetooth

JoelK :

You need to use a usb cable.

Customer:

yes I am using that now, but still no joy.

JoelK :

Check you notification screen again.

Customer:

no, only wireless and bluetooth, no usb connection on notification screen

Customer:

.33

JoelK :

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Here is what may correct the problem. Disconnect the usb cable and close the Android File Transfer app. Then reconnect the cable and reopen the app. Then check your notification screen again. It should now list your connection as a media device. Tap the connection notification and select MTP.

JoelK :

I realize that it is quite late in the UK now. Please return tomorrow, and we can pick this up then. I gave you some incorrect information, and I want to make it up to you. I really want to improve my service ratting.

JoelK :

rating.

Customer:

I have used the usb cable that came with my tablet and it is now fully functional. I have all the connection notification screens as outlined above. Problem solved.

Customer:

The rating I will give will be uprated to OK, but not the best.

Jeffrey,

THANK YOU FOR THE POSITIVE RATING. I WILL ENDEAVOR TO IMPROVE MY LEVEL OF SERVICE. I AM GLAD THAT WE WERE ABLE TO RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE.
Jeffrey-

I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I am glad that I was able to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.

If you have any hardware problems in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.

-Joel