Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I have a HP Compaq 6735s with an AMD TurionX2 Processor and

Customer Question

I have a HP Compaq 6735s with an AMD TurionX2 Processor and 4gb RAM running Vista Home Premium.
I wish to upgrade to Windows7 and load my copy of Office Professional 2007 including Outlook Express which I wish to synch to my BT email account on my desktop PC.
I cannot tell whether Windows 7 can be upgraded from Vista and Office Pro 2007 seems to have 'non-commercial use' suffix.
Outlook will not let me create an account.
Do I need to wipe the laptop and start again - or buy a newer machine?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Did you tried to run the Windows 7 disc ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Sudipto,

No tried - or thought I'd downloaded from the internet.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry , I cannot understand your reply, you said that, you have disc for Windows 7 and now you are saying that, you thought that, you will download it from the Internet ? how will you download the Windows 7 disc from Internet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have a disc for Windows 7 - Vista came with the laptop but thought it could be upgraded via internet. But do have discs for Office Professional.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
No, that is not possible, unless you get any offer for free upgrade, otherwise you have to buy the Windows 7 disc and then you can upgrade or do a fresh install of Windows 7. Now, can you tell me, if you have installed the office or not ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Office has been installed as mentioned above

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** all. Outlook Express in not included with Office package, the email software, which is included with office, is Microsoft Outlook. Now, first confirm, if you are using Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook 2007 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Outlook 2007

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** can give you the steps to setup the account properly or I can do a remote session and do the job for an additional charge.The amount it refundable, if I am not able to do the job. Please let me know, what you want to do ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would like the steps to set up the account if you are able to give them to me.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know your email address, without the @ sign.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

k.squiresbtinternet.com

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

k.squiresbtinternet.com

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for replying you late, I waited for you reply and went offline for the day after 3 hours. Here are the steps to setup Outlook 2007, please try them out and let me know the result.

Click on "Reply To Expert" and reply me back, for any further assistance, otherwise if you are able to solve the problem then, please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

• Open Outlook 2007

Click on the Tools menu then select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Select the E-mail tab and click New.

If you are asked to Choose Email Service then please continue with the pre-selected option and click Next

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

In the Your Name box enter the name you want people to see when they get your emails.

Enter your full BT Yahoo! email address and your password. Click Next.

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Outlook will now check your settings work. When it's done, click Finish

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Select the "btinternet.com" email account and click on Change

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Click on the More Settings button in the bottom right-hand corner

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Select the Advanced tab and tick the box next to "Leave a copy of messages on the server". This means your emails will be on the BT servers so you can access them from other computers or internet devices. Click OK.

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Click the Next button.

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Click Finish.

Set up your email in Outlook 2007

Click Close to complete the set-up.

Set up your email in Outlook 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sudipto,

Thanks for these easy to follow steps. Unfortunately I keep getting a prompt to restart or reinstall Outlook and so still not working.

I'm now taking the problem -and the PC - to our IT Department!!

But thanks for your assistance.

Kaye Squires

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using out site.