Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My Skype has suddenly gone mute. Have incoming call ex Australia

Customer Question

My Skype has suddenly gone mute. Have incoming call ex Australia and an hear the dialling code, but am unable to take the call??? I'm a pretty senior citizen and worried that I'll loose my Skype contacts. please help. thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8?
Also, is this happening to all of your contacts? Or in this specific contact only?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for trying to help me. I think I am on Windows XP 8 [?!] and it appears that all my contacts have the same problem.

I click on my contacts and then nothing happens - my Australian contact I can hear the sound of incoming call - with the little white dots showing - but what ever I push or don't push am not able to connect.

aged Pamela [78]!!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pamela,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the problem that you are having with your Skype. There are several factors to consider here.

First, it can be a hardware issue, like your headset or sound device. Second, it can be an issue with your Skype installation and third, it can be an issue with your internet connection.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your Skype problem while you watch? It will be safe as you will be watching your screen as I do the troubleshooting and we can chat right there in your computer. It is also a faster mode of help.

Now, for me to remote in, please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a170afc0-3db9-4ba9-a372-f322aa3522d1

Click on the green Agree button and download the remote tool. Then download click on the downloaded tool and run it to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Pamela.

Were you able to download and run the remote tool? If you need further assistance, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Here is the remote link:

Click on the green Agree button and download the remote tool. Then double-click on the downloaded tool and run it to join me in the remote session.

Best regards,
Jess