dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

how do I alter the size of resultant copies

Category: Computer
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me a little bit more about what you are trying to do?

A. Stevens :

I see that you are trying to print at 60% of the original size

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me what you are trying to alter and exactly how you are doing it?

A. Stevens :

Please let me know when you return, so that we can continue working on this question. I will respond as soon as possible when I see your reply.

Customer:

I use Filofax (9.5 x 17 cm.) constantly. Very often I need a reduced copy of documentation for inclusion in my Pocket Folder. Oftentimes it means reducing from A4 size sheets. I would guillotine an A4 / A5 to fit, etc. or print onto actual Filofax paper.

A. Stevens :

OK and are you normally doing this fix from the printer or the software on the computer?

A. Stevens :

And I assume that this has worked in the past? Do you know anything that has changed with your computer since it has last worked correctly?

Customer:

I am doing all from the printer.

Customer:

I am doing all on the computer and have not succeeded in the past. Now making use of just answers to get to "grips" with it.

A. Stevens :

So you are printing directly from Filofax ?

A. Stevens :

Are you able to get to the printing preferences before you print?

Customer:

I press "copy" and then select "settings". Then select "resize" - "custom". I then enter 60 percent and press done. Then note "copy settings" with resize showing 60%, but when I press button to print copy the printer closes down without printing copy.

A. Stevens :

OK so you are doing this via the copier only?

Customer:

Yes!

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me what kind of copier/printer you have?

Customer:

HP Photosmart 5524

A. Stevens :

Can you copy the document without resizing it?

Customer:

No problem!

A. Stevens :

So only when you ask to resize then it has a problem?

A. Stevens :

And you said you are using some special size of paper correct?

A. Stevens :

Does the printer indicate any issue with the paper not recognizing or feeding corretly?

Customer:

Yes. When I press button for copy, the printer/copier closes down.

A. Stevens :

Does your printer have some software installed on the computer that you can try to initiate the copy from?

Customer:

I am not aware of any. I am, of course, no computer "buff".

A. Stevens :

Could you try copying some other documents to see if anything changes?

Customer:

I will now copy two or three different documents

Customer:

A4 and A5 copied at original sizes. Nothing changed.

A. Stevens :

How about a different percentage?

A. Stevens :

I have to step away for a moment, I will be signed on again in a couple or hours, would it be ok to continue working on the problem then?

Experience: 10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.