cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

my ipod is not functioning ..it is just clicking and sounds

Customer Question

my ipod is not functioning ..it is just clicking and sounds like a clock mechanisam going round inside and on the front a large red cross and this web site to contact support. it is not playing or anything ?

I don't want to sign up for any membership I just want to get my ipod mended !

Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.

cvd4311 :

Welcome to Justanswer.com. How old is your IPod? The audible clicking noise that you hear sounds like the needle is not finding the proper location to read from and then it goes back to the beginning of the sector and tries to find it again without playing.

You can try to reset pushing menu/select but keep in mind you will probably have to reload your music. A lot of customers (their reviews) have had the same problem and are returning it for a fix or if warranty is out of date then buying a new one I am sorry to say.