cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I re-set my Hotmail password ***** at the time was registered

I re-set my Hotmail password ***** at the time was registered for two step verification. Since then I have been unable to access my hotmail account on my desktop or iPad via google. Although strangely my laptop allows me to access hotmail via google. I even deleted the account on my iPad and tried to restore but when inputting my e mail and hotmail password ***** did not recognise the account. I cannot use account retrieval to reset the password ***** a code as it doesn't work with 2 step verification switched on. I urgently need to be able to access hotmail when I travel to Thailand on Friday. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
cvd4311 :

Go to wrench, options, under the hood, show cookies, type live in the search box, remove all (delete any cookies that have the word live in it and anything that could be associated with Windows Live). so basically do a delete for cache, cookies and history. This will clear it up on your PC. You should be able to do the same thing on your IPad.

Keep me posted if this does not clear up your Hotmail through google on PC and IPad. Hotmail is up and going.

cvd4311 :

Your Ipad hotmail you will have to delete again and then readd. Don't forget to sync it up or you will not be able to get into it.

cvd4311 :

If that doesn't work try the active sync from this link:http://www.thewindowsclub.com/configure-hotmail-ipad-iphone-ipod

It will walk you through the steps on how to active sync your device to hotmail through ipad.

Customer:

Thanks - I will try later - iPad at home. Will get back to you tomorrow.

cvd4311 :

Okay keep me posted.

cvd4311 :

Once you go through the instructions.