Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Is it usual for microsoft to contact me about my computer or

Is it usual for microsoft to contact me about my computer or am i being scammed
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

If you received any call from a service claiming to be Microsoft, offering to repair your computer or for other tech services, please IGNORE them - they are not affiliated with Microsoft in any way. They trick users into into allowing them remote access to their PCs, then install their worthless programs and other malware - while charging the users for doing so.

Microsoft will never place unsolicited calls to anymore unless their services are specifically requested for.

If you already paid for their service, I'd suggest raising a dispute with your bank/CC provider as well.

Hope this helps. If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service below.