Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I am trying to reset my laptop to factory settings but have

I am trying to reset my laptop to factory settings but have no idea how to do so. Can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Not all laptops have a built in recovery, in order to check yours can you tell me what model it is?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi its a samsung R730

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
F4 is the right key for a Samsung machine, what happens when you try it? It is sometimes best to repeatedly tap it rather than only tapping it when the logo comes up.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all that happens is the machine continues to load windows and seems to ignore the F4 key which I do repeatedly tap whilst it is loading

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If it is ignored it means you do not have a recovery partition. Did anyone ever reinstall windows on this machine before? Sometimes when doing that the partition is removed.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I bought this from new and never tried it before

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Where did you buy it? How old is the machine?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure but around 6 or 7 years ago

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It is out of warranty then. Since you do not have a recovery partition you would need a disc to restore to factory. When you first got the machine it would have prompted you to create recovery discs. Did you make any?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It seems I only made a system repair disc

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please try booting the machine with that. It may actually be the recovery disc. Start the machine with the disc in it. It should come up with press any key to boot from disc. When it does press enter. If that does not happen sometimes you can open the disc within windows and it will give you the recovery option there then restart on its own.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok but how do I get back to you then after that

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top. You should also have an email that will get you back to this page.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok well wish me luck tks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and good luck.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Freddy sorry but it was a failure

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Was it the recovery disc? What happened when you tried it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it totally ignored the disc as well and carried on loading. The best I have managed is to restore to 2 years ago thats it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately then you would need to buy a system recovery disc direct from Samsung by calling this number: 0330(###) ###-####Without a full recovery disc you would not be able to restore to factory settings. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.