cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

Have a canon PowerShot sx600 hs camera. Computer is Windows

Customer Question

Have a canon PowerShot sx600 hs camera. Computer is Windows 7 64 bit.
Camera connected to computer via usb but cannot download photo's to computer.
Driver appears to be missing
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Did you try going to the Canon site and downloading the correct drivers?
http://www.canon.co.uk/ is the site. Just type in SX600 camera and then go to driver. Or go to this site: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_Compact/Powershot_SX_series/PowerShot_SX600_HS.aspx. That is the same site but with your camera on it. Choose your operating system (Windows 7, 8, 81, Vista, XP etc) and then the language and go from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Didn't work.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Okay try uninstalling the drivers but don't connect your canon in to your pc as of yet. Once you uninstall drivers then connect your camera and see if it will pick up the drivers. If it doesn't then go back to that site and download drivers again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have followed your instructions precisely..........in fact three or four times, but I still cannot transfer my photo's to the computer.

I have another camera which does.

I have checked USB cable with other hardware and it is OK.

In my past experience, drivers, when a device is connected to the computer, are normally automatically downloaded from the internet; usually with the message "Found new hardware".

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Yes it usually will find your driver once you plug in your camera. Have you tried using a different USB port (maybe in the back of your computer or if you have it in the back plug it in the front). Also make sure your device manager is registering your camera.
Another thing you can do is Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation. See if that see your camera and download drivers.
Let me know if that works. Is it picking up your camera that you can see on your PC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have carefully followed above instructions: the message I get from troubleshooter is "Canon PowerShot driver has a problem."

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Is your camera registering on your PC when you plug it in? Do you have your user guide with you or the manual?
You did go here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx600_hs and click on driver and software and download drivers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.