Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Took asus tablet to computer-savvy friend as i was having trouble

Took asus tablet to computer-savvy friend as i was having trouble with just cloud. He found some updates ready to upload, which he duly did. On finishing the up-dating tablet suddely went dead. We tried different methods advised to re-boot, to no avail. Tablet only a few weeks old. Thought I'd try you 1st before taking to a computer place in our local village tomorrow. Quite upset as I'm going on holiday on Mon & wanted it for photos. Hope you can help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is Randy.
I will assist you. I am sorry to hear that happened.
Try this please>Connect the tablet to the wall charger for 15 minutes, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. If the tablet does not power on remove the charger and then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. If that fails let me know the Asus Tablet model number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, not working. The screen lit up when I put it on charger, but nothing else. Info is

Asus MeMo ME 176CX Model no KO13 ( very difficult to see this on the back, the 0 was difficult to see!

Okay, try the power volume buttons again. Hold the power button and volume down button at the same time for 30 seconds.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No go I'm afraid, I'm going to try the charger again for 15 mins. If this does'nt work I'm going to be rather sad.

Okay, that is a good idea. Dont give up, it may take a few attempts. Try charging a little longer each time then try the long press on the power button then try the volume down/up power button combination. I have seen this before and the tablet would reboot.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've rated the service OK because it was polite & helpful, unfortunately I'm still left with a non-functioning tablet! Oh dear! more money down the drain.

Thankyou anyway for trying to help.