Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

cant find bluetooth on my windows 8 Asus laptop windows 8

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is Randy.
I will assist you. Try this please>
  1. Move the mouse to the lower right so that several icons begin to appear
  2. Move the mouse upward to reveal them. This set of icons is called the Charm Bar
  3. Click Settings
  4. Click Change PC Settings
  5. Click Wireless
  6. Under Wireless Devices, turn Bluetooth on or off
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Randy

step 5 the word Wireless does not appear in the menu.

simon

okay, what is the model number of your Asus please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

X102B Notebook i think

okay, thank you. >PLEASE CLICK HERE< and follow the steps on page 62.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

under Pc settings, i dont have Devices and Add a Device

okay, sorry about that. Check and see which version of windows that you have and let me know please>
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
  2. Tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click PC info.

3. Look under Windows for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.

4. Look under PC for System type to see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

PC info page in PC settings

The Start screen can also help you know which operating system you're using. Here's what it might look like in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1. You might see a search button in the upper-right corner.

Start screen in Windows 8.1 Update and Windows RT 8.1 Update

Check for operating system info in Windows 8 or Windows RT

1. On the Start screen, type Computer, press and hold or right-click Computer, and then tap or click Properties.

2. Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.

3. Look under System for System type to see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

System settings in Control Panel

The Start screen can also help you know the operating system. Here's what it might look in Windows 8 and Windows RT.

Start screen in Windows 8 and Windows RT
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Randy I am on Windows 8.1

okay, thank you.Under Windows 8.1 , the Bluetooth option has been moved to a new section:
  • Press the Windows key + C to open the Charm Bar.
  • Click on Settings and select PC settings.
  • Go to the PC and devices section.

Activate the Bluetooth option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Randy

my list ggoes

Lock Screen

Display

Devices

etc

there is nn Bluetooth option offered after Display

Okay, I can check on this for you with a remote connection. Please click on the website below, then click on Agree/Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run:.NET Client URL (Recommended)

.
.
.
.
.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
.
.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am awaiting delivery of the bluetooth adapter and if that works, i will respond to the survey. at the moment i still dont have bluetooth.

sounds good, Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
.
Thank you very much!