Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have ZIP100 drive installed on a an old computer running

I have ZIP100 drive installed on a an old computer running XP professional 5.1 + SP3, which is not connected to the internet. Unfortunately I have lost the installation disk 1. (I have found disk 2 but that is for the mackintosh.) Can I download a suitable installation and driver to this Windows 8 computer. and transfer it to the XP computer?
Don Scarrott
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Yes you can download the driver and transfer to the XP machine.

The drivers you need are located on the the following page:
http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/10425.html#oneb

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Chris.

It looked very promising but when I clicked on the right link for the 100/parallel port for xp, the link took me to a page which said it had been moved and I would be re-directed. Alas, when redirected, it said the page was no longer available!

Don

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Don,

Sorry about that, I see what you mean. I have been hunting this down for you and I did find a working download for iomega ware, the version you need I believe.

Try this for me. Click HERE , do not click anything on that page, it is all ads, instead wait a moment and the download should start. Try installing iomegaware with your drive attached to the XP machine and see if that gets it working.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris

That worked a treat. Thank you so much. Now I can recover my archives.

Don

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Don,

Excellent news, glad I was able to locate it!

If you don't mind please rate my service when you can, that is how I get credit for helping.

Thanks,
Chris