Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

CLX 3175. a piece of sticky label was caught onto the plastic

CLX 3175. a piece of sticky label was caught onto the plastic sheeting at the back of the printer - sorry don't know the technical name of this - but it can be viewed when the imaging unit is removed and has yellow numbers down the right hand side. I managed to pull it off, but it must have left some sticky residue as each page when printed now has a large black smudge. As I believe this sheet moves round when printing, I am at a loss to know how to find the sticky residue. Can you help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I think you are referring to the transfer belt.
You will need to partially disassemble the printer and remove the belt, then carefully clean off the sticky residue by rubbing with an alcohol wipe.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've removed the ink cassettes, the dustbin thingy on the side and the imaging unit. The trouble is on the plastic with the numbers down the side. Is this the belt referred to by you and if so how do I remove that, please?