cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I have tried to retrieve my husbands gmail address unsuccesssfully!!

I have tried to retrieve my husbands gmail address unsuccesssfully!! How do I contact google to try directly before I purchase his new iPad. Only access to his gmail account is through an old iPhone because neither of us remember the password!
Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 3 years ago.
***** *****nell :

hello sir/madam
I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready

Customer: Ready
***** *****nell :

hi, what is the gmail address you are having problems with? please replace @ with AT when typing your email here

Customer: rpdraughtingatgooglemail.com
***** *****nell :

checking

***** *****nell :

in your ipad, do you have gmail?

***** *****nell :

are you able to Access your gmail from your ipad? (are you able to receive&send etc)

Customer: Yes I have gmail for my own accounts. I have never been able to get rpdraughting account on because of the lack of password.
***** *****nell :

if gmail is already set up in your ipad, we can try to retrieve the gmail password ***** the settings panel

***** *****nell :

did you try it?

Customer: I went on Safari and Google help to try to retrieve
***** *****nell :

can you go to settings i ipad

***** *****nell :

in

Customer: All that is on the old phone is name Email Password (hidden)
***** *****nell :

and go to safari

***** *****nell :

and go to PASSWORDS & AUTOFILL

***** *****nell :

Saved Passwords

***** *****nell :

select the Google account

***** *****nell :

it will Show you the password

Customer: Yes if I come out of this. I can always come back.
Customer: Yes if I come out of this briefly.
Customer: Yes if I come out of this
Customer: Sorry couldn't wee printing so repeated.
Customer: Could use IPhone
***** *****nell :

do you have your gmail in your iphone=?

Customer: Yes
***** *****nell :

are you able to receive & send etC?

Customer: Yes
Customer: Gmail account information on iPhone, Name: Ray Email *****@******.*** Password: (hidden) description: Gmail
***** *****nell :

I am out of ideas, let me opt out and open this question to other experts. remote assistance may be needed.
if no expert opts in, we can continue.

Customer: Any ideas?
Customer: I have to leave for work at 3.15 ..at the very latest. If this runs over..can I contact you tomorrow? If so..How?
Customer: I am happy to get remote assistance if that is possible and my data is not compromised in so doing.
Customer: Are you still there?
Customer: Hello...?
Customer: I have to leave in 15 minutes unfortunately. I am sorry if this is not a simple matter.
Customer: please email me on the email address in question or *****@******.*** if you can come up with a solution..I really don't want to create another account.
Customer: will my money be refunded if you are not able to help me?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Did you register another account with google so that they can send you a reset password ***** that email account?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
the recovery link is here: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2943007?rd=1
That is the support for Google gmail.
There phone number is(###) ###-####if you can't do the recovery support above.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
You can also go here: http://www.google.com/contact/ and go through the site and they will help you also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Password ***** for *****@******.***
Your contact email: *****@******.***
The information you've provided does not match the information on the account. You can try submitting another claim with more accurate information.
This is the message I always get from google. I can't remember when I set up the email address for my husband. Nor can I tell them that we added labels..my husband is dyslexic so writing emails is difficult. We would like to retrieve this address because it is my husbands initials plus his occupation.
I did change the Apple ID..however this is not the same as the account sign
in.unfortunately so still no progress.
I also have tried the troubleshooter method but this leads me straight back to the message above.
About to look at your last option but don't hold out much hope...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The method where you suggested going into safari and then clicking on Menu...there is no Menu option on Safari..I am confused or stupid..one or the other. Feeling a bit lost and tired this time of night. I will leave it for another day. Thank you...it's the first time I have payed for information because I was at a loss what to do. Unfortunately still unsuccessful.
Maybe you could explain the Autofill one a bit better. It's not you..it's probably me as usual that is the problem!😥
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure what you meant by Safari. Don't see where I mentioned that from above.
If you can't answer the security questions for Google then they will not let you in no matter how much information you provide. If it isn't in when you first put it in they won't give it to you I am sorry to say.
They only have one form and one form only. Did you try calling them from the number I provided?
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience: I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry that you cannot suggest anything that I have not already tried. Your service has been Ok in that you did your very best for me unfortunately to no avail. The telephone number is ***** recognised..perhaps because you are in the states and I am in Scotland. Thank you for your support but sadly I fear we must leave it there.
Best regards,
Janet