Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a lit-on LVW5027HC DVD recorder and the disc draw will

I have a lit-on LVW5027HC DVD recorder and the disc draw will not open can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Randy :

Hi, My name is***** will assist you.

Randy :

Is this on your computer?

Customer:

Yes

Randy :

okay, there is a manual eject pin hole on the front, you can use a straightened paper clip or similar object to insert and eject the tray.

Randy :

it will be near the eject button.

Customer:

There is no pin hole on front of recorder

Randy :

okay, is the dvd recorder connected to your tv or computer?

Customer:

to the TV

Randy :

okay, try this please. Unplug the power cord, then wait about one minute and reconnect the power cord while you are pressing the eject button on the dvd.

Customer:

Ihave no button on the recorder which says eject I do have a button ,no writing but is a black square next to a button which is the play button is this the eject button or the stop button. Only eject or open button is on the remote

Randy :

let me check on that please, give me a moment.

Customer:

I think I have found the eject button It has a picture which is an arrow pointing vertically with a bar underneath When I press it the machine makes a whirring noise then stops but nothing opens

Customer:

There is no pin hole

Randy :

okay, that is the eject button. There may be something jammed. Can you take a sharp pointed instrument and pry out a little on the tray while pressing the button.

Customer:

OK will try

Customer:

Will not budge

Randy :

okay, usually the power reset will get it opening.

Customer:

Where is that

Randy :

That is when you disconnect the power for one minute.

Customer:

Ok will try

Customer:

Still nothing

Randy :

ok, this sounds like it will need to be disassembled.

Randy :

do you want the diagram for that?

Customer:

Yes please

Randy :

okay, I will have to upload it in a different format. I will need to close this chat and open the q and a. You will get an email and a notice on your screen when it is ready. Thank you.

Customer:

Does this mean I will loose any films stored on the machine

Randy :

no, you will only be removing the cover so that you can repair or replace the dvd burner.

Customer:

Ok Thanks

Randy :

your welcome,

Experience: Computer specialist
  • Remove the nine screws [A].
  • Remove the top cover in the direction of the arrow.
  • While extending both sides of the rear of top cover in the directions of arrows, remove the top cover.
  • Disconnect the connector
  • Remove the two screws [J].

FRONT BLOCK
  • Disconnect the FFC on MAIN P.C.B (b).
  • Release the seven tabs.
  • Remove the front block (a) in the direction of the arrow.
Front Block

Front Panel
  1. Remove the three screws .
  2. Disconnect the two connectors.

• Disconnect the four FFC.
  • Remove the two screws [C] and the two screws [D].
  • Remove the MAIN P.C.B (a) from the I/O P.C.B (b) in the direction of the arrow.