Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have had my kindle for over a year and have been able to

I have had my kindle for over a year and have been able to buy books from amazon. Now I get an error message whenever I try to buy a book. I have checked my payment details and they are fine. I am able to download free books.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Performing a hard reset on your Kindle may resolve intermittent issues like this.
To perform a hard reset on your Kindle Fire, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done as you suggested. My kindle says I have bought a book and it has been downloaded, but it does not appear in my list of downloads.

okay, sorry about that>

Make sure your Kindle is connected wirelessly. If you are not sure, go to Check the Status of Your Wireless Connection.

From your computer:
  1. Visit Manage Your Content and Devices
  2. Select Your Content.
  3. Select the title and then click Deliver.
  4. On the pop-up window, select the device or app from the drop-down menu.
  5. Select Deliver. Your content will automatically be delivered to your device or reading app once its connected to a wireless network.

Note: Select Pending Deliveries to view titles that have yet to be sent to your device or reading app.

.

Your Home screen may not be displaying all of the titles downloaded to your device.

At the top of your Kindle screen select By Most Recent First and press the right side of the 5-way controller to filter items by Title or Author.