James K.
James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am having a problem with my web browser..I have had google

I am having a problem with my web browser..I have had google chrome working without problems for a while but it just stopped "responding" so I tried to "uninstall" it ( with a view to re-installing it later). However..when I go to the "uninstall" field i get the following message.." Please close all google chrome windows ( including those in windows 8 mode and try again"..when I click on the google chrome icon on the start page nothing happens..when I left click on the same icon and select uninstall etc..it just takes me through the same process and message etc.
I have also tried opening web pages in Internet Explorer..when I try this the IE page comes up and it looks like the chosen website page is trying to open but i just get the message.."waiting for www..etc etc.
My Pc says I am connected to the wifi/internet connection etc and my modem is working fine and other computers/internet connection are working without problems etc
My computer runs on Windows 8
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

My name is James

Welcome to JustAnswer

When did it last work OK ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi james,

2 days ago

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Ok

Lets roll back to two days ago and see if that Fixes the issue

Please do this

point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, then click Search

Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, then tap or click Recovery.

Tap or click Open System Restore, then follow the instructions. and choose A Date when the machine worked ok , -

Click show all Restore Points to go back futher

You will not lose any files this on effects system Files and not data

Let me know and come back any issues

Cheers James

Now Please rate my Service with the smiley Faces and submit

come back any issues
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James, I did as you said, went through the recovery process, first attempt didn't fix the problem so I then chose a earlier recovery date. The second attempt took forever and never completed the process. It then attempted sever "automatic repairs" and said that " windows couldn't load correctly" .I then chose "restore". I now have a black screen with just the HP logo in the centre and am waiting to see what happens next (The computer is a HP Pavilion 23 desktop)

I have been waiting for something to happen for over 1/2 hour now and nothing is..just the same black screen with the HP logo in the centre..any ideas??

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
I suggest you power off and on the machien and see if it boots again please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had tried this several times without success. On this last attempt, the black screen eventually dissapeared and the normal start screen and login appeared as normally. Initially I could open a web page ok but when I tried another site I got the original message of "the web page is not available" ( in Chrome), when I tried a IE page I get the original message of "waiting for...etc, etc and it looks like it is trying to open the site but getting nowhere...ie..I have my original problem.

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Oh dear

do you have your data Backed to run a full refresh
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by this James, please can you elaborate on data backed

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
that should say data backed up

do you have your personal Files backed up to run a Factory restore ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Ok

We can take the machien back to Day 1 condtion

Like the First time you used it

point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.

click Update and recovery, then tap or click Recovery.

Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on screen.

Cheers James

come back any issues

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After " change pc settings" there is no Update and recovery field..did you mean the Windows Update field??

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
no

type Recovery in the serach all feild
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok James, i have started the process, unfortunately, I have to go out to pick up the children,,I will revert back to you on my return with the results/feedback etc. cheers paul

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
no problem Paul

cheers James

come back any issues
James K., Consultant
Experience: Technical Director of IT Company
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All seems fixed now, thanks James :-)

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Anytime

Cheers James